TYPES OF STEGANOGRAPHY
The colors are generated from three primary colors as red, green and blue (RGB). various approaches has been designed for image steganography some of common approaches are LSB(Least Significant Bit) substitution which is the easy and most common approach of hiding data inside images. Masking is another technique of embedding messages in significant areas. The DCT based on image transformation involve the mathematical function for hiding data inside the image.
Audio steganography works by slightly changing the binary sequence and concealing with the secret message. Several methods are proposed such as Least Significant Bit (LSB) replacing last digit of carrier file. Parity coding involves breaking down of signal and then hiding the message in parity bits of each sample. Phase coding involves encoding of secret data to phase shifts.
The separation of video into audio and images or frames results in the efficient method for data hiding. The use of video files as a carrier medium for steganography is more eligible as compared to other techniques. As a result of this this technique is discussed and proposed in this paper.
APPLICATIONS OF STEGANOGRAPHY
- Clandestine Communications, blueprint, a trade secret, or else any other type of subtle data could possibly be communicated deprived of forewarning possible attackers.
- Characteristics Tagging Components can be implanted within a picture.
- Copyright protection methods can be used to prevent the data. The use of watermarking inside the data is mainly responsible for the rise of interest in data embedding.
- Access control system for digital content distribution.
- Media Database Systems.
- To wrap up html pages.
- Used in modern printers that contains serial numbers.